The Indonesian odds format represents the amount of money a bettor stands to win for every unit stake they place
What Are Indonesian Odds?
The Indonesian odds format, also known as “Indo odds”, is commonly used in Indonesia and other Southeast Asian countries.
In Indonesian odds, the odds are presented as positive (+) or negative (-) numbers. Positive numbers indicate underdogs and potential profit a bettor can earn per 1 unit if they win the bet, while negative numbers represent favourites and the amount a bettor must wager in order to win a profit of 1 unit.
For example, if a football team is listed at +1.50 in Indonesian odds, it means that a bettor stands to profit 1.5 times their stake if the team wins the game. So, if a bettor places a bet of 100,000 Indonesian Rupiah on that team and they win, the bettor will receive 150,000 Rupiah in profit, in addition to their original stake.
On the other hand, if a team is listed at -0.50 in Indonesian odds, it means that the bettor needs to risk 0.5 units to win a profit of 1 unit. So if a bet of 50,000 Rupiah wins, the bettor will receive their original stake plus a profit of 100,000 Rupiah.
The formula for calculating the profit for a bet placed at positive (+) Indonesian odds bet is as follows:
Profit = stake x odds
The formula for calculating the profit for a bet placed at negative (-) Indonesian odds bet is as follows:
Profit = stake x (-1 / odds)
It is worth noting that Indonesian odds are simply American odds divided by 100.
To calculate the implied probability of Indonesian odds, use the following formulas:
- For positive odds, the formula for implied probability is: (1 / (odds + 1) x 100
- For negative odds, the formula for implied probability is: (odds / (odds – 1)) x 100
For example, for odds of +1.0 , the implied probability would be (1/ 2) x 100 = 50%.
For odds of -3.0 the implied probability would be: (-3 / -4) x 100 = 75%
Manchester United to win against Chelsea in a football match at odds of +1.75 with a stake of $100:
- Return = stake x (odds +1) = $100 x (1.75 + 1) = $275
- Profit = stake x odds = $175
Rafael Nadal to beat Novak Djokovic in a tennis match at odds of -2.0 with a stake of $100:
- Return = (stake x (-1 / odds)) + stake = $50 +$100 = $150
- Profit = stake x (-1 / odds) = $50
New York Yankees to beat Boston Red Sox in a baseball game at odds of -1.5 with a stake of £50:
- Return = (stake x (-1 / odds)) + stake = $33.33 +$50= $83.33
- Profit = stake x (-1 / odds) = $33.33
Pros & Cons of Indonesian Odds
Here are pros and cons of using Indonesian odds in sports betting:
More Odds Formats
- Betting Bold: The Art of Wagering Against The Grain - September 11, 2023
- August 2023|Top Football Tipsters Of The Month - September 6, 2023
- August 2023 | Top Horse Racing Tipsters Of The Month - September 5, 2023