Looking for the best Betfair trading software? Want to speed up your bet placement or automate your strategies? Here’s where you’ll discover the best products on the market.
Betfair trading tools are primarily designed to interface with the Betfair API to speed up manual bet placement so that traders aren’t limited to using the slow — and rather basic — Betfair website. These products tend to be cheaper than Betfair Bots, which are designed to provide more features and enable traders to fully automate their betting strategies. The distinction between Betfair software types is important, as each trader has their own feature requirements and budgets.
Whatever type of product you’re in the market for — whether it’s a simple trading tool or an automated bot with a host of rich features — the following list offers a choice for Betfair traders of all experience levels.
Betfair Bot application that automates strategies on Betfair/Betdaq/Matchbook
Since 2005 the experienced team at BF Bot Manager have created an wide range of configurable, custom-made Betting Exchange Bots. Most of these were built for the Betfair exchange. But their core product — the V3 Bot — is also compatible with Betdaq and Matchbook.
You can create as many trading strategies as you like using BF Bot Manager, and run them simultaneously. Each strategy works independently by default, and you also have the option to connect your strategies so that they work together.
This software product packs in a host of excellent features at an affordable price.
BF Bot Manager Features
- Automate your betting at betting exchanges
- Run unlimited number of strategies at the same time
- Bet on tips from tipping services, Proform software or your own selections
- Football live scores, weather info, historical results and key match information
- Detailed horse racing information e.g. class, going, beaten favourites, course/distance winner
- Automatically hedge / cash out your position during in play
- Staking plans available: Fibonacci, Parlay, Maria, Kelly, Labouchere, Sweeper and many more
- Import/export strategies, private strategies
- Dutching functionality
- All common rules e.g. time to bet, overrounds, back/lay ratio, min/max number of runners/prices etc.
- Automatic loading of markets by preset rules
- Reporting of failed conditions and explanation why bets are not being placed
- One click manual betting
- Simulation mode, do not risk real money while learning and finding right settings for your strategy
- Tennis live scores provided by Betfair exchange
- Football in play statistics, shots on/off goal, possession, passes percentage, red/yellow cards, corners etc.
- Optional subscription to third party football in play statistics service and implement rules for betting by those stats
Bf Bot Manager is £29.95 + VAT per month, and offeres several discounts for longer subscription periods
In-browser Betfair trading tool enabling traders to monitor markets & place bets immediately
Financial trader Adam Todd Founded his company ‘Racing Traders‘ in 2003, when he began turning his attention to the betting exchange. He typically traded favourites on UK horse racing on Betfair, and it was around this time that he first developed the ‘BetTrader‘ software to make life easier for this sole purpose. BetTrader was unique in that it pioneered the use of money ladders in betting software, and has evolved over the years from feedback via the strong user base.
While the company name ‘Racing Traders‘ suggests that it’s a horse racing product, it’s in fact perfect for any sport. The Sports Interface allows you trade across all the markets that make up a Betfair event.
Free mode is available if you don’t subscribe, but the refresh rate is much slower. Subscribers benefit from ‘Turbo mode’ and ‘Training Mode’. Whilst training you get all the benefits of Turbo mode without out the need to risk any money — a great opportunity to practice your strategies.
BetTrader is a fast & powerful Betfair trading software platform.
- It’s the only browser-based trading application on the market — no need to install anything on your computer.
- It displays all the live-updating Betfair markets at super-fast speed, enabling you to place bets faster and more effectively
- Football Trading is made far more efficient, as you’re able to monitor multiple markets (e.g. Win Market, Over/Unders and Correct Score) at the same time and act upon price movements.
- The Grid Interface displays 5 prices either side of the current odds instead of only 3 (as per the Betfair website).
- Bet-submission is streamlined and allows you to place bets with fewer mouse clicks and less mouse movements.
- Extensive built-in trading features will place bets for you automatically when predetermined conditions are met. Such as Stop Loss, Tick Offset, Fill Or Kill, Drip Feed & Chaser. These features are essential if you want to protect your investments and force the price you want without sending the market into a frenzy.
Racing Trader’s BetTrader comes with a Free Trial. Subscribers have ‘Turbo mode’ which enables a price refresh rate of 5 times per second.
Desktop application designed to rapidly speed up bet placement
In 2007 whilst researching another project, ‘The Geek’ stumbled upon Betfair and noticed the absence of competitors to Bet Angel. Believing he could do better, he set himself the challenge of writing Geeks Toy. In 2009 Geeks Toy was launched, and was an immediate success, setting new heights in performance, reliability and customisation.
Geeks Toy is recognised as the most comparable product to Bet Angel
Amongst betting ‘Geeks’, the Toy is most recognised for it’s neat UI, and speed. It’s thought to be the fastest betting trading tool on the market — making it superior at obtaining the odds you want and beating other traders to the punch (which should always be a priority).
Geeks Toy Features
- A Lightning-fast interface — arguably the most important feature for any Betfair Software application.
- Fully customisable, simplistic appearance. Arrange the items on each pane according to the order of your preference.
- The Grid Interface is familiar to all Betfair users, showing additional information such as the stake matched at different odds.
- The ladder view similar to Bet Angel’s, where users can customise the arrangement of the odds either in descending or ascending order. Those who switch over will be accustomed to the layout.
- Charts show price/volume over time, price candlesticks, weight of money, traded volume, and MACD. These are all useful features for analysing the market.
- Features an ‘Order Cancels Order’ interface. This lets a trader hedge on his bet to prevent a large loss if things don’t go as planned. You can set the exit bet according to the price you want (similar to a stop loss).
- Traders can back up their settings in the Geeks Toy’s cloud storage; an extra precaution in the case of emergency data loss
If you’re looking for additional functionality, like an MS Excel connectivity, you’ll be disappointed to know that Geeks Toy doesn’t offer this. But for what it does do it’s superb, and offered at a very low price.
Geeks Toy Software comes with a 14 day trial, and after that you need licence key.
Are Betfair Trading Programs Worth The Cost?
Betfair Trading Software can’t guarantee that you’ll make a profit from the exchange — that’s for sure. Becoming a successful Betfair trader ultimately depends on your strategy and process.
However, trading software gives you the best possible chance of earning a profit from the betting exchange. This is due to the fact that it enables traders to execute bets faster, test out new strategies, and run multiple tasks in a way that’s impossible using only the standard website interface.
Many key features incorporated into Betfair Trading Tools are inspired by the very same applications traders use on Forex markets — allowing for complex, automated and more refined betting strategies to be developed and implemented with ease.
Manual traders are therefore at a disadvantage by not upgrading to a faster, more efficient software application that’s capable of competing with the professionals.
Are Betfair Applications Safe?
Betfair software applications are safe to use because they’re approved and built on Betfair’s (or another exchange’s) very own API, which stands for “Application Programming Interface”.
The API enables the program to interface directly with the Betfair exchange using your betting account login. Applications such as BF Bot Manager can then access markets and place bets — as well as enable users to check their current and historical bets from within the software — using official data from the exchange itself.
Traders do however need to acknowledge that running automated strategies runs the risk of losing money — particularly if the parameters set by user are too aggressive. So it’s best to regularly monitor your performance, as well as ensure your betting exchange account does not hold any more money than you’re willing to lose.
- The Impact Of Media Coverage On Sports Betting | Pros & Cons - November 20, 2023
- October 2023|Top Football Tipsters Of The Month - November 7, 2023
- October 2023 | Top Horse Racing Tipsters Of The Month - November 7, 2023