A Bookmaker accepts bets on sports events, and pays out winnings according to the odds agreed. While the vast majority of online Bookmakers can’t compete with the odds available on betting exchanges (like Betfair), there are legitimate reasons why punters might choose to use them.
Blog Section: Bookmakers
How Do Bookmaker Odds Work?
- How popular formats work: Easily Convert Your Betting Odds To Different Formats
How Do Bookmakers Earn? What’s Their Trick?
- Their advantage over players, is known as the ‘overround’: How Do Bookmakers Earn? How Big Is Their Edge?
How are Odds Created?
- The betting exchange (i.e. the public) decides: Wisdom Of Crowds Theory & The Betting Exchange
What’s the Best Payment Method To Use At Bookies?
- I strongly advise an e-wallet. Here’s the best ones: The Best Gambling e-Wallets / Payment Methods (Skrill, Neteller, PayPal)
Where Can I Find Bookmaker Free Bets?
- Popular promotions: Bookmaker Free Bets
- Promotions offered by Punter2Pro: Free Bets At Recommended Betting Sites
What’s The Best Bookmaker?
- Important factors to assess: How To Choose The Right Bookmaker
- For the best odds (non-UK customers): Pinnacle Sports — The Best Bookie For Professionals?
Should I Use A Betting Exchange Instead Of A Bookie?
- Advantages of bookies: Why Use Bookmakers Instead Of The Betting Exchange?
- Best Odds Guaranteed: List Of Best Odds Guaranteed Bookmakers
- Promotions: The Different Types Of Free Bets & Promotions Explained
- Disadvantages of bookies: Betting Exchanges — Why Bother Betting Elsewhere?
What Bookmakers are Easiest to Profit From?
- “Softs” are a lot easier to beat than “Sharps”: The Difference Between Sharp & Soft Bookmakers
Why Was My Bookmaker Account Locked or Closed?
- If you’re profitable, closures are inevitable: Prevent Bookmaker Accounts Being Restricted Or Closed
Do Any Bookmakers Allow Winners?
- A full list of betting sites that don’t limit or close winning accounts: Sports Betting Sites That Allow Winners (No Restrictions)
- Bet Brokers also provide very high limits (even if you’re profitable):
A Bookie Isn’t Paying Up. What can I Do?
- Follow these steps: How To Resolve Disputes With Casinos & Bookmakers
Want to Learn More?
Check out the Bookmakers section of the blog.
If you’d like to find answers to more specific questions, then check my Sports Betting Q&A.
There’s really no comparison to Betfair in terms of what they offer their players. It’s the most innovative sports betting company of all time.
As you may already be aware, Betfair started out with the Betting Exchange. But many players were (and still are) reluctant to conform to the unfamiliar ‘Back & Lay’ system, as well as the decimal odds format. So Betfair created a bookmaker tab on their existing site so that it catered to everyone.
Betfair’s Sportsbook isn’t just a tag-along, either. It rivals just about any other Sportsbook in its own right. This is because it offers some key advantages.
Full Review: Betfair Review & Free Bet Offer
Betbull is a mobile-only sports betting app. It’s designed to enable members to interact and follow one another, for the purpose of sharing sports betting tips.
The unique app combines social media with sports betting. It provides a fresh, new experience that’s ideal for casual bettors to socialise while they bet. Think of it as Twitter-meets-tipsters.
It’s totally different to every other standard bookmaker that, truth be told, you might struggle to tell apart from one another.
Full Review: Betbull Review & Free Bet Offer
Pinnacle Sports have a unique approach to Bookmaking: they actually invite winners.
Pinnacle’s business model is focused solely on maximising volume irrespective of whether this is generated from profitable players. If every Bookmaker held a ”Winners Welcome” policy like Pinnacle Sports then there would be a lot less player disputes.
In many cases Pinnacle offers better value odds, and higher limits, than betting exchanges — so it competes with the best in the industry.
Full Review: Pinnacle Sports Review