What Is Tipstrr?
Tipstrr, launched in 2014, is an open platform connecting sports tipsters with bettors, aiming to improve long-term profitability while addressing trust issues in the tipster market. With a focus on transparency, Tipstrr verifies advised odds and tracks tipster performance, providing accessible records for all to see.
Tipstrr allows tipsters to publish sports tips for free or on a subscription basis, with top-performing tipsters attracting the most followers. The platform also offers free sports content, including match previews and top earners’ countdowns.
Using an automated proofing process, Tipstrr ensures reliability by continuously monitoring tipsters’ selections. This process reduces the risk of scams and provides visitors with comprehensive performance data on various parameters.
Tipstrr’s commitment to transparency and real-time bet commitment prevents dishonest practices like “profit bloating,” ensuring accuracy and accountability. Discover more about Tipstrr’s features in the following article.
How To Use Tipstrr
To use Tipstrr effectively, follow these steps:
- Explore Tipstrr: Visit the Tipstrr website and familiarise yourself with the available sports and tipsters. Browse through the different categories and tipster profiles to find those that match your interests and preferences.
- Research Tipsters: Before subscribing to any tipster, conduct thorough research. Check their performance statistics, historical records, and overall profitability. Look for consistent and reliable tipsters with a track record of success.
- Choose Tipsters: Select one or more tipsters based on your research and preferences. Consider factors such as the sports they specialise in, the frequency of tips, and the subscription fees involved. Ensure that their betting style aligns with your own strategies.
- Subscribe: Once you’ve made your selection, subscribe to the chosen tipsters by following the subscription process on the Tipstrr platform. Review the subscription terms and fees associated with each tipster before finalizing your subscription.
- Manage Your Bankroll: Set a budget for your betting activities and allocate funds accordingly. It’s crucial to manage your bankroll wisely and avoid betting more than you can afford to lose. Tipstrr provides bankroll management tools to help you keep track of your betting funds.
- Receive Tips: After subscribing, you’ll start receiving tips from the selected tipsters. These tips can be accessed through email notifications or directly on the Tipstrr platform. Pay attention to the recommended bets, staking plans, and any additional analysis provided by the tipsters.
- Track Performance: Monitor the performance of the tipsters you’re following. Tipstrr provides transparent performance tracking, enabling you to assess the success rate, ROI (Return on Investment), and other relevant metrics of each tipster. Regularly review their performance to ensure they meet your expectations.
- Exercise Your Own Judgment: While tipsters provide valuable insights, it’s important to exercise your own judgment. Consider factors such as team news, injuries, and other relevant information before placing any bets. Tipstrr should be used as a tool to enhance your betting decisions, but ultimately, you are responsible for your own bets.
Always remember to gamble responsibly. Set limits on your betting activities, both in terms of time and money.
Users can start shopping for tipsters on Tipstrr without even opening an account. There’s no paywall preventing anyone from browsing through the profit records on the platform. So where should you start?
I recommend browsing tipsters by sport. Searching for tips on specific events is great in theory, but it doesn’t always bring up a wide enough variety of options until close to the event time. That’s one weakness of an otherwise great interface.
In terms of sports available, Tipstrr is geared towards the UK favourites of Football and Horse Racing — so I’d stick to those. Unfortunately, some other sports are lacking on Tipstrr as the platform evidently needs more influence from other sporting disciplines. Nonetheless, there still are some very strong offerings that’ll interest those looking for an honest service above anything else.
Let’s take a look at the horse racing section — Tipstrr’s most prominent sport. If you want free tipsters, you’re best off following the blue hyperlink in the introductory paragraph. What follows after it are some of Tipstrr’s recommended paid services.
The key to getting the most from the site is to identify tipsters with the steadiest long-term record. I’ll show you how to do that using the filters.
Filter by Sample Size & ROI
Scroll to the bottom of the page to find the search tool. I recommend applying the filters as follows:
- Tipster type: All
- Period: All time
- Min ROI: 5% (respectable for non horse racing)
- Min tips: 500 (the more the better)
Keep mind that a large sample size is vital for judging results.
Hit the ‘apply filters’ button. Then click on a service with a steady graph that represents consistency over time. This is much more preferable to an erratic profit graph — even if it shows an obscenely high ROI.
For example, the following service shows too much downtime, and little consistency from the graph preview. Also, the high average odds suggest an unusual method, to say the least!
Here’s a better example. The graph is very consistent, suggesting the service is constantly active. The stats look sensible. It’s no surprise that SVB Tips is in fact a popular service.
Checking The Stats
You should always delve deeper into a tipster service by clicking ‘view stats’ on the tipster’s profile page. Here’s what to look for:
1. An impressive ‘level stake’ performance
Make an educated guess as to whether a service is likely to perform well in the future. There’s no guarantees it will — but to maximise your chances I recommend ticking the ‘flat stake’ box and checking the performance for:
- Past 3 months — look for consistency and profitability over recent tips
- All time — look for a consistent historical performance since the service started out (it’s not all about the here and now).
In the case of SVB Tips the ‘All time’ level stakes graph looks great. Note that this graph always shows the ‘All time’ performance, even if you change the dropdown to another period. The figures below it highlight the month on month performance.
If you scroll down, you’ll find the breakdown of the profit per sport for ‘All time’.
Now, if you scroll back up change the dropdown from ‘All time’ to ‘3 months’, the stats will change. Again, recent results here are remain consistent with the overall record. That’s a good sign.
2. High frequency of bets
You want to make sure you’ll receive enough tips per month. So scroll to the bottom of the page to verify how many selections have been tipped over recent months. In this example case the past three months have delivered 175, 175, and 215 tips respectively. That’s a decent number of bets by most standards. Again, the more the better.
3. Practical publishing time
Make sure that the service provides selections at a time that’s convenient for you. Refer to the publish time chart for this.
If 8am-12pm is not practical for you to place bets, then this service wouldn’t be suitable.
4. Reasonable subscription cost
You can check the cost for a service on the ‘subscription’ tab of the tipster’s profile. Many of them come with a generous trial period.
Always estimate the likelihood that you’ll cover the cost of your tipster, basing your calculations on past results. A simple way to do this is to multiply your estimated monthly turnover (total stakes) by the ROI. If this easily covers the cost then it’s probably suitable for you. Be aware that some subscriptions might be too high for your turnover.
Once you subscribe to a tipster — free of subscription — you’ll be notified of tips via email in the following format. It’s neat, simplistic and standardised:
The cost of using Tipstrr varies depending on the tipsters you subscribe to and the level of access you desire. Each tipster sets their own subscription fee, which can range from a few pounds/dollars per month to higher amounts. There are generally different subscription options, such as monthly, quarterly, or yearly plans.
Tipstrr also offers a premium service called Tipstrr Pro, which involves a separate subscription fee.
Free tips or trial periods are available from some tipsters. So to manage costs effectively, evaluate tipsters’ track records relative to their subscription fees.
Positives of Tipstrr
Here’s what I like most about the Tipstrr proofing site.
Tipstrr employs automated proofing systems that provide an accurate and detailed assessment of tipsters’ performance.
This helps to maintain a dynamic approach to performance assessment, ensuring that no service is permanently endorsed solely based on past performance. The platform actively monitors and evaluates tipsters’ ongoing performance to ensure ongoing quality and accountability.
Tipstrr maintains transparent performance tracking, allowing users to assess the historical performance, success rates, and return on investment (ROI) of each tipster. This transparency ensures accountability and helps users make informed decisions about the tipsters they choose to follow.
Lots of Tipsters
Tipstrr welcomes anyone to sign up for proofing without requiring an invitation. This inclusive approach encourages tipsters from diverse backgrounds to join the platform, creating a wide range of expert tipsters who specialise in various sports, including football, horse racing, tennis, basketball, American Football, and more.
Some of these tipsters possess extensive knowledge, experience, and expertise in their respective fields, providing valuable insights and predictions to users.
Tipstrr provides a diverse selection of free tipsters, allowing users to access valuable betting tips and insights without any cost. Additionally, the platform offers affordable trial periods for paid services, enabling users to experience the benefits of premium tipsters at a reduced price before committing to a full subscription.
In addition to the tipster reports, punters can indulge in a wide range of free sports content offered by Tipstrr. This includes match previews and countdowns showcasing the highest earners from the previous month in popular sports.
Negatives of Tipstrr
Here’s what I don’t like about the Tipstrr proofing site.
It’s important to note that the Tipstrr platform is not independent from its tipsters. The site’s revenue is tied to the subscriptions it sells, which could potentially influence the way tipsters are promoted or featured on the platform.
No "Practical Profit"
One area where the detailed reports provided by Tipstrr could be further enhanced is by including a “practical profit” metric. that accounts for factors such as subscription fees and obtaining the advised odds This would provide users with a more accurate representation of potential earnings.
Although Tipstrr offers insights and tips for popular sports like Horse Racing and Football, it falls short in terms of providing content for other sports. Punters interested in sports outside of these popular categories may find limited options and resources on the platform. Expanding the range of covered sports would greatly enhance the platform’s appeal to a wider audience.
No Event-Specific Tips
In terms of event-specific tips, there is a lot of room for improvement. Tipstrr could enhance the user experience by offering a day pass that provides access to event tips from all top tipsters. This would allow users to receive a diverse range of expert insights and recommendations for specific events.
No Portfolio Building Advice
Another aspect where Tipstrr could improve is providing clearer guidance on portfolio building. While the platform offers various tipsters and strategies, it lacks comprehensive guidance on how to construct a well-rounded portfolio or effectively manage one’s betting activities. Incorporating tools, educational resources, or expert advice on portfolio management would greatly benefit punters seeking to maximise their chances of success.
Is Tipstrr Worth It?
I recommend Tipstrr primarily for its neat interface, advanced auto-proofing system, highly detailed reports, and overall focus on transparency. The site poses a serious threat to the vast majority of rival proofing sites, and offers vigilant members the ability to identify profitable services long before they hit stardom.
But Tipstrr certainly has room for improvement — as does every other tipster proofing service I’ve ever seen. No question, Tipstrr comes up short on some sports. And some of its recommended services are popular enough to create issues in getting on the advised odds.
Nonetheless, whether you’re a casual or regular bettor, the site does a fantastic job of connecting punters to multiple tipsters. It drastically improves transparency within the industry and, importantly, offers the potential for punters to improve profitability. It’s a big step in the right direction for the tipster scene — that’s why it deserves a recommendation on this site.
You might be interested in my list of the top tipster sites, which features Tipstrr. Alternatively feel free to browse my favourite tipsters for all major sports below (most of which were found using Tipstrr):
More Tipster Sites
- May 2023|Top Football Tipsters Of The Month - June 6, 2023
- May 2023 | Top Horse Racing Tipsters Of The Month - June 5, 2023
- The Roulette Kaleidoscope: The Game’s Mysteries & Intricacies - May 22, 2023