Professional Tipsters earn a living by recommending selections to their clients (sports bettors). Some punters are satisfied with the intel they receive, whilst others feel cheated. Relying on Tipster recommendations is a naive and risky approach to sports betting. So you need to approach it the right way.
Blog Section: Using Tipsters
What Risks are Involved in Using Tipsters?
- Everything you need to know: Will Tipsters Make Me Money? Can They Be Trusted?
- A Tipster scam case study: A Bad Experience With A Well-Known Sports Tipping Service
- Low market liquidity, competition for odds: Be Careful When Placing Early Bets With Low Market Liquidity
Should I Follow Tipsters On Twitter?
- I’d avoid taking advice from social media Tipsters: Twitter Tipsters & Their Affiliation With Bookmakers
- If you’re still interested, here’s a list of popular accounts: Popular Tipsters on Twitter
- The BetBull app provides a safer, more controlled “social media Tipster” environment: Betbull Review & Free Bet Offer
How Do I Know A Tipsters Results Weren’t Just Lucky?
- Read this first: How Do I Know If My Betting Results Were Luck or Skill?
- Check that he consistently beats the SP: A Guide To Beating The SP (Start Price)
- Verify that his stats are based on a large enough sample of bets: The Paramount Importance Of Sample Size In Betting Analysis
- Gauge whether he bases selections selections on value odds: What’s Value Betting? What’s A Value Bet?
Where Can I Find the Best, Most Honest Tipsters?
- Here’s the proofing services I recommend: Find The Best Sports Betting Tipsters
- Best Tipsters for specific sports:
- Free tipsters (no subscription fee):
Who Are The Top Performing Tipsters Right Now?
Check out my monthly updates: Tipster Rankings (using Tipstrr)
What are the Alternatives to Following Tipsters?
- Become a Sports Trader: Sports Trading — Develop Profitable Strategies
- Learn the basics of forming a prediction model to find value for yourself: The Basics Of Creating a Football Prediction Betting Model
- Take your sports modelling skills to the next level with a paid course: Learn Profitable Strategies With Orio Sports
- Subscribe to a value bet finder: The Best Value Bet Finder
- Follow profitable, proofed, professional sports bettors sharing their selections on BetConnect: BetConnect — How Does It Work?
Want to Learn More?
If you’d like to find answers to more specific questions, then check my Sports Betting Q&A.
Recommended Tipster Products
Tipstrr was created in 2014 to provide an open platform for Tipsters. It connects Tipsters with sports bettors looking to improve their long term profitability.
The focus of Tipstrr is transparency, and keeping open and accurate records for all to see. To combat scams, Tipstrr have developed advanced tools to track a Tipster’s performance using odds data coming directly from the Bookies.
What differentiates Tipstrr from other platforms is that their proofing process is fully automated. The odds are checked against the market by computers; so there’s very little room for error.
Prices vary for each Tipster, and generally range between £0-30 per month. The majority of paid Tipsters offer some form of trial period, or heavy discount to new customers. The duration of the promotion varies from days to weeks.
The Betting.com site was launched in 2020 by a group of sports betting enthusiasts with experience in value betting, arbitrage, following tipsters, and in-play betting.
Betting.com is predominantly aimed at intermediate bettors looking to compare odds, check statistics, and analyse their sports betting performance with ease. One of the site’s core features is its built-in tipster platform, neatly integrated with other on-site tools.
Anyone can become a tipster on Betting.com. Every tip is checked for validity against the odds available at bookmakers, and all bet results are automatically updated.
While Betting.com is not yet the most popular tipster site, it’s certainly one of the most innovative. With its vast level of detail on tipster profiles, unique features, outstanding user interface, and seamless integration with odds comparison and bet analysis tools, it’s sure to attract punters and tipsters alike.
Launched in 2006, Smart Betting Club (formerly known as ‘Secret Betting Club’), is an independent and honest reviewer and assessor of tipster services, systems and strategies. Their service is primarily aimed at punters seeking legitimate proofing/information on tipsters.
Once you become a member of Smart Betting Club you’re ready to access all of their resources including the Tipster Ratings Index, PDF magazines (published every other month), detailed Tipster Profit Reports, free tipsters, and a tipster savings section.
SBC focuses on maintaining a ‘Hall of Fame’ of their best tipsters and provides exceptionally detailed reports on each of them. These reports are far more comprehensive than any others I’ve seen. In fact, SBC is one of the only tipster proofing services that manually analyses how the available odds differed from those advised, and underlines the impact this had on the profit.
Betting Gods is a registered Tipster company established in 2014. The aim of the platform is to bring together different tipsters from various sports under a single site. I
Betting Gods enforces transparency, and imposes a strict verification process on all Tipsters featured on his network. Tipsters are also encouraged to explain their selections. This way subscribers are able to learn a bit more about the sport, and perhaps begin to approach their betting from a different angle going forward.
Betting Gods offers £1 for a full 30 day free trial. I highly recommend giving it a go. There’s absolutely nothing to lose (except a pound!). After the trial, prices vary for each Tipster, and generally range between £0-30 per month.