The BetConnect site & app is by far the most innovative, exciting sports betting product I’ve come across in recent years.
It has the potential to facilitate just about every profitable approach to betting that I’ve endorsed on this site including Matched Betting, Arbitrage, Value Betting — even following proven Tipsters.
In this post I review BetConnect, and pinpoint the potential benefits it brings to both casual punters looking to follow bet recommendations, as well as experienced professionals seeking liquidity.
WHAT IS BETCONNECT? WHAT DOES IT DO?
On the surface of it BetConnect appears to be a Tipster app which enables punters to follow the recommendations of professionals.
However, the simple app offers a lot more functionality — and greater potential to earn — than the majority of Tipster Services. You have the option to become the Punter and/or the Pro, and there’s value to be found in both roles.
USERS SIMPLY CLICK THE BIG BUTTON TO RECEIVE A BET REQUEST WITHIN THEIR CRITERIA
(E.G. SPORT, ODDS, ETC).
When you sign up to BetConnect you have two options for what type of account you want to create:
- Punter — to follow bet requests created by ‘Pro’ accounts.
- Pro — to request bets for ‘Punter’ accounts to match.
The various applications of BetConnect will become clearer once you understand the role of both account types.
Pro accounts are designed for experienced, winning sports bettors (pro gamblers) looking to place stakes that they can’t usually get away due to:
- Stake limitations (Bookmakers)
- Closed accounts (Bookmakers)
- Limited liquidity / Low limits (Bookmakers or Betting Exchanges)
Learn why Bookmakers restrict & close winning accounts.
Anyone can sign up as a Pro on BetConnect — but your account will remain separate from any Punter account you have (you’re allowed both).
Pro accounts are charged 3% commission on the stake of each bet successfully matched by Punters.
Furthermore, it’s in the Pro’s interest to post their best selections. The better their bets perform, the more Punter accounts will connect with them, and the more likely they’ll be to have their stake matched going forward.
Essentially Pro accounts supply the knowledge on BetConnect.
Punter accounts are designed for following Pro accounts on the network. By connecting with a Pro you’re given top priority on their bet requests.
Unless you know precisely what bets you want to request, opening a Punter account is advisable.
A BET REQUEST LOOKS LIKE THIS. YOU PRESS ‘UNLOCK’ TO OPEN IT.
Punters on BetConnect always have a choice of what to do with any bet request. The three choices are as follows:
- Lay. Choose this if you want to bet against (match) the Pro. It’s precisely the same as Laying an outcome on the betting exchange. BetConnect will settle the result of your bet on their own site.
- Follow. Choose this if you want to copy the bet of the Pro. This means placing the bet at any Bookmaker/Exchange of your choice (outside of BetConnect), then matching the Pro for their stake (on BetConnect) in return. Your Bookie stake needs to be higher than your Lay stake in order to get the benefit of the selection.
- Reject. Choose this if you have no interest in either Laying or copying the bet request. However, rejecting the bet makes you less likely to receive future requests.
THIS £1 BET REQUEST SEEKS ODDS OF 41.0 ON THE HORSE ‘BURAUQ’.
By now you’re probably wondering when you should decide to ‘Lay’, ‘Follow’, or ‘Reject’ a bet request on BetConnect. I’ll explain where each scenario is most suitable.
WHEN TO LAY A BET REQUEST
Lay a request when you disagree with the selection provided by the Pro, and want to accept the bet against it. This makes you the “Bookmaker” for the Pro.
One or more of the following should apply:
- The Pro has a very poor win record, and you have reason to believe that following their bet requests will lose you money.
- The odds requested are low, and represent good value (to Lay). Remember that for Lay bets you want the lowest possible odds.
- You’ve placed a qualifying bet or free bet at a Bookmaker and you want to place an opposing Lay bet at precisely the same odds. BetConnect revolutionises Matched Betting as you know it (read on to learn more).
WHEN TO FOLLOW A BET REQUEST
Follow a request when you trust the selection provided by the Pro, and want to copy their bet.
One or more of the following should apply:
- The Pro has a very strong win record, and you have reason to believe that their bet requests will earn you a profit.
- The odds available are high, and represent a good value (to Back). Remember that for Back bets you want the highest odds possible.
YOU CAN VIEW STATS ON THE PROS PERFORMANCE (LIKE A PROOFED TIPSTER).
WHEN TO REJECT A BET REQUEST
Reject a request when you do not want to take any action with the bet.
One or more of the following should apply:
- You see no earning potential in Laying and/or Following the bet request, as detailed above.
- The odds requested aren’t available for you to place.
- You have insufficient funds.
YOU’LL ALWAYS HAVE TO PROVIDE A REASON FOR REJECTING YOUR BET.
CAN YOU COPY A PRO’S BET WITHOUT MATCHING IT?
Let’s assume that you want to copy a Pro’s selection, and nothing more.
Laying the Pro’s stake on BetConnect is indeed the opposite of copying his bet. It’s essentially betting against the Pro — which is counter intuitive if you believe his selections are profitable…
So this poses a big question:
Why bother matching the Pro when you can copy (place) his bet at a Bookmaker and then simply hit ‘Reject’ on BetConnect?
The answer to this is simple:
So there’s an element of give & take with BetConnect. You participate in helping Pros place their bets in order to receive their intelligence in return, to use as you wish. BetConnect encourages this philosophy, and states that:
“In the event that you reject a Bet Request, it may adversely affect your being sent Bet Requests in the future and will limit your ability to use the BetConnect button”
In other words, if you’re constantly doing a hit & run, never lending the Pros a hand, then its not in the spirit of the platform and you won’t be given priority on upcoming bet requests.
In theory BetConnect should enable the “restricted” Pro to get their stake away, while the “non-restricted” Punter has the opportunity to place a (much larger) stake on the same coveted selection. It’s win-win.
WILL BETCONNECT REVOLUTIONISE PROFESSIONAL BETTING?
I’ve touched on how BetConnect serves different types of clients. Let’s focus on what it really offers the Professional bettors — who it was originally intended for.
Up until now Matched Bettors have been required to place their Back bets at Bookmakers and Lay bets on one of the major betting exchanges.
One of the very first lessons you ever learn about Matched Betting is that the odds must be of a similar value between the Bookmaker and the exchange, in order to reduce losses. Breaking even is the goal for the most part.
But what if you could always Back and Lay at precisely the same odds each time?
Well, that would be a dream for Matched Bettors. After all, it’s rare to match Lay odds on Betfair with the exact same value as the Bookie.
Yet on BetConnect there’s tons of Pro accounts looking to bet at no higher than the Bookmaker’s odds — and you can simply oblige them, while simultaneously meeting your Matched Betting requirements for free. To do it, pick up a bet request, then:
- Place your qualifying (or free bet) at the Bookmaker first.
- Lay against the Pro on BetConnect at the same odds (thereby nullifying the risk of your Bookie bet)
- Enjoy zero qualification loss!
With BetConnect there’s no need to hunt around for a “good” matched bet with minimal loss from the odds difference. So long as the bet request you pick up meets the minimum odds requirement for your promotion, you’ll always Back & Lay at the same odds.
ARBITRAGE, VALUE BETTING & FOLLOWING TIPSTERS
Every professional bettor has to eventually come to terms with having their stakes restricted at the Bookmakers. The same fate applies to those arbing, using value bet finders, or following profitable Tipster Services.
Bookmakers don’t like profitable bettors, and cut them down. So professional betting careers can be short-lived — unless you find a way around it.
Wouldn’t it be great if you could continue place those exact same profitable bets long after you’ve been restricted?
I’ve previously written about the role of Bet Brokers, who provide a solution for restricted account holders. However, not all reputable Brokers are considered “arbitrage friendly”. BetConnect poses an even better prospect…
By setting up a Pro account you can fire out your bet requests to Punters. As you begin to establish your reputation, more Punter accounts will connect with you and fill your bets in return. Thus the task of finding betting sites to accept your stakes is effectively someone’s else’s job.
DOES BETCONNECT OFFER A SIGNUP BONUS OR FREE BET?
Yes — and it’s excellent value. Here’s how it works:
- Sign up to BetConnect as a Punter.
- Opt-in to receive the bonus.
- Deposit £10 or more into your new account to receive the bonus credit.
- Free Matched Bets are only available for the first 3 Bet Requests offered to you.
- If you reject any or all of these 3 requests, your Free Matched Bet balance will be removed.
- Any winnings made from the 3 bet requests will be paid into your cash balance minus the Free Matched Bet amount.
- Any losses incurred from the 3 Bet Requests will be covered by the Free Matched Bet, to a maximum of £50 in total.
- You can withdraw once you have matched your fourth Bet Request.
You can find more signup promotions from The Best Free Bets.
WHAT’S THE DOWNSIDES OF BETCONNECT?
So far in this review I’ve only really had positives to say about BetConnect. But there are some negatives worth noting.
1. LIMITED PAYMENT METHODS
At the moment only debit cards are accepted. I’d much prefer if I could use a gambling e-wallet.
2. DEPENDENT ON PRO BET REQUESTS
BetConnect’s potential rests on its ability to provide frequent opportunities to bet. I previously mentioned the importance of Pros being matched.
But equally the Punters need enough supply. And being a new platform, there’s still quiet periods without a flow of new bet requests coming in.
Hopefully it’ll become busier over time. I’ll certainly try to raise awareness of the site & app myself.
3. REJECTING BETS MIGHT LIMIT YOUR OPPORTUNITIES
I’ve received several bet requests and thought “not for me” — then rejected it. But does this reduce my chances of receiving bet requests in the future?
I’m not entirely sure how the BetConnect algorithm works. But I imagine it’ll prioritise those who supply the most liquidity.
4. NO UNIFICATION BETWEEN ACCOUNT TYPES
Currently you have to manage ‘Punter’ and ‘Pro’ accounts separately. They each require a different username.
It would be better to integrate both account types so that you’re able to share funds between them and switch “modes” as and when you please.
5. ODDS CHANGING
I’ve seen some bet requests asking for odds much higher than the industry average. Thus matching this bet wouldn’t have been wise.
This isn’t BetConnect’s fault, as such. Bookmaker odds change rapidly. Perhaps these prices only existed temporarily.
These negatives do not tarnish a concept that I believe will take off, given a little more traction and a bigger user base. BetConnect could prove to become an invaluable tool in your pursuit of making an extra income from sports betting; for Matched Betting it’s a no-brainer.
- Could 2021 be the Hornets Year? — NBA Championship - April 13, 2021
- March 2021 | Top Horse Racing Tipsters Of The Month - April 6, 2021
- March 2021|Top Football Tipsters Of The Month - April 5, 2021